[kictanet] DEADLY THIKA ROAD - WHO IS LISTENING?

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:55:39 EAT 2012

On 23 April 2012 12:53, Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau <solo.mburu at gmail.com> wrote:

> My take,
>
> The Chinese contractors are doing a good job, right. But they are not
> marking the road. Imagine driving at 120 km/hr,

driving 120 kph in a road under construction?  Where's the hurry to?

again, our problems are not new, just an evolution of an old problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

then you find the road closed and there was no sign to warn you of the
> imminent encounter.
> At around Survey there is a diversion, but the overpass which is closed to
> Muthaiga, there is nothing that shows the road needs to be closed.
> Many a times, one is likely to get into the wrong side of the road then
> you find yourself driving all the way back to where you were before.
>
> It's hectic when the lanes keep on changing every day
>

> On 23 April 2012 12:35, Dennis Kioko <dmbuvi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here are some of the crazy things that motorists attempt on Thika Road
>> http://www.thikaroadblog.net/blog/ignorance-law-no-defence
>>
>> For slip roads, you can tell its not an exit if you have to drive in a Z
>> to use it, or if you have to do a Ↄ to use the exit.

with Regards:

blog.denniskioko.com <http://www.denniskioko.com/>