[kictanet] Website - I GAVE A BRIBE

S.Murigi Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:28:27 EAT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Eric Aligula <jairah at kippra.or.ke> wrote:

> Colleagues
>
> Just a thought.  As we operationalise county governments, what is the
> possibility of setting up a website that would allow those who have or are
> forced to or are aware of situations where bribes have been given and/or
> asked to anonymously tell their stories?
>
> Can I hear from the community?
>
> Kind regards
>
> EMA
>
> The Lord bless thee and keep thee ........

The KACC Head (PLO) has wisely called for Corruption to be declared a
National Disaster.

Should this kind of corruption reporting system not be under www.KACC.go.ke?

Anyone who has tried to get a decent web site | web service developed,
maintained or updated knows it does not come for free or for cheap
especially when foreigners are involved.

http://www.itjobspost.com/JobSeeker/search.cfm?page=position-description&JobID=179948&CFID=41028678&CFTOKEN=89803483

Can KACC allocate KES 40M-50M per annum, to begin (build) | maintain or
outsource an sms | mobile web service & staff? The budget for this public
information | collection system can be increased annually factoring
inflation and to improve it to enable increased usage by the public.

Development partners can step in to fund two or three "or.ke" sites that
speak to kacc.go.ke on behalf of various Kenyans | political divides. Yes?
No?

Believe local firms should be enabled to to build & maintain such systems
even if foreign firms (orgs) are involved initially for capacity building.

Is there anything like this in the works?