[kictanet] The MaCkinsey Report

Edwin Onchari eonchari at lynxbits.com
Mon Oct 11 12:16:35 EAT 2010

Listers,

The above report has extensively been referenced to on several occasions, by
government and industry alike - as a benchmark for BPO/ITES development in
Kenya. The report was commissioned (to the best of my knowledge) by
government to guide in the development of the sector. Many of the
recommendations from the report are already being implemented.

>From what I gather, the report indicates that a BPO/ITES cannot be
profitable unless at 250 seats. What is their definition of profitability?
What are the cost assumptions? What technology are they referencing? What
process are they referencing? - In a nutshell, what are the variables they
considered in drawing that conclusion?

This report was delivered in an electronic format I believe, but there are
only a handful of print copies available. Reason given, the rest of the
report is not meant for public consumption! Was this not funded to the tune
of USD 500K- public funds?

My plea - the relevant ministry to have "the public consumable" sections
posted on their site for the public to freely have access to it.

Edwin