[kictanet] Deteriorating Safaricom or simply broken systems??

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:37:03 EAT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Brian Munyao Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Washington,
>
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> I beg to disagree with your supposition that these are "mundane and rather
>> trivial issues". Safaricom does not sell vegetables at Gikomba, nor Mandazi
>> at Kibera. This is their core business and if anything goes wrong with
>> these, as one Harry Truman, put it decades ago, the buck stops with one,
>> Michael Joseph!
>>
>> PS: MJ - Thank you so much for taking up this issue.
>>

> Both you and I have run online service operations - these kind of issues do
> *not* need the CEO to spend his time on - unless things have deteriorated to
> abyssmal levels.
>
> Nevertheless his attention is much appreciated.

I am happy to report that after MJ's intervention, Safaricom has *
"indemnified"* me on the case(s) that I complained about. To be precise, I
got refunds for the amounts used "out-of-bundle" when their systems delayed
in allocating me the bundles I had purchased.

I'd also like to publicly acknowledge their apologies, received from Muthoni
Karimi and Jack Siperia.

I feel much better now, as a Safaricom customer, because I have been treated
right, thanks to MJ.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,