[kictanet] South Africa embraces ICT in polls

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Fri Apr 17 18:09:17 EAT 2009

Wainaina,
Indeed we have made progress in this end.  The Lands, Judiciary, Motor
Vhicle, and Pension Dept registries are being prepared for digitization.
It takes time to go through the procurement process and fighting
resistance from staff.  It is not all that easy as I once thought.  We
shall not give up though.  Parliament has to pass the FOI for all the
digitization to stimulate enterprise.

Regards

Ndemo.