[kictanet] Existing Policy Frameworks for ICT4D- Day 2 of 10

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:51:31 EAT 2008

Furthermore each sector is governened by their own policies that safeguard
"Sectarian Interests", in my opinion the issue of Universal access which
could be under the mandate of CCK in the Kenyan context should provide the
suitable framework for all ICT4D initiatives
Barrack

On 5/19/08, Tim Unwin <tim.unwin at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Walu
>
> What exactly do you mean by policy frameworks?  Are you referring to agreed
> guidance notes at global/national/local scales?  There exist many different
> models of good practice, but there is little international agreement on how
> to do it!  Furthermore, most ICT national polices do address issues of
> partnerships in some form or another
>
> Tim
>

> On 20/5/08 06:57, "John Walubengo" <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Morning all,
> >
> > Yesterday was mainly dwelling on the basics and we had good
> > thoughts from Louis and Mike. Today we want to pick your
> > minds on the above theme.  Are there any policy frameworks
> > that govern the behaviour of Civil Society, Private Sector
> > and/or Public sector with regard to ICTs for Development?
> > Or is it that each of the above Stakeholder define their
> > own methodologies?
> >
> > Plse share.
> >
> > walu.

> http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/tim.unwin%40rhul.ac.uk

> Tim Unwin
> UNESCO Chair in ICT4D and
> Professor of Geography
> Royal Holloway, University of London
> Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, UK
>

> Tel: +44 (0)1784-443655
> Fax: +44 (0)1784-472836
> French mobile: +33 6 23 73 30 48
> Swiss mobile: +41 794 617 527
> Skype: timothyunwin
> http://www.ict4d.org.uk
> http://moodle-ict4d.rhul.ac.uk
>
> tim.unwin at rhul.ac.uk
>
> ü Save paper and ink!  Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
> need
> to.

Barrack O. Otieno
ICWE Africa LTD