[kictanet] KCCT, BPO training, Board Member?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 18:02:58 EAT 2008

mmmh.  I think the context in this thread is missing. Like
all sensational reporting.  My understanding is that KCCT
has been developing their BPO training capacity even BEFORE
their new board was appointed early this year.

Basically the format was that the KCCT BPO students would
train in-house on the various skills but move externally to
one of the BPO centers for the practicals. I would NOT
therefore say that a Board member may have abused their
position to direct business to themselves as insinuated in
the thread.

However, there could be an issue if it so happens that on
assuming the Board appointment, such a situation prevails.
I am not an expert on Govt procurement regulations but I
believe   that all that a sitting board member needs to do
in such circumstances is to disclose this occassioned
'interest' to the Board, which then deliberates and rules
on the issue appropriately (case by case basis).

walu.
DISCLAIMER: the views expressed here are personal and not
the official or authoritative position of any organisation
I maybe affiliated to (Whao! I never thought I will live to
use this disclaimer made popular by some of the
heavyweights on this list ;-).

http://www.computerworld.co.ke/articles/2008/04/28/ict-board-should-have-guidelines-conflict-interest

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/wambuiwakarema%40yahoo.co.uk

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/ian.rees%40securefutureassociates.co.uk