[kictanet] M-PESA for E-Commerce

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:23:37 EAT 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 4:24 PM, H. Karanja Kairo <kairo at softlaw.co.ke>
wrote:

>  I'm trying to use M-PESA for settling online purchases but I haven't yet
> found a way to do it through a one-step process. My best attempt so far is
> to:
>

>    1. Have someone M-PESA a certain amount to my phone.
>    2. Ask them to SMS the first 7 characters of the response they
>    receive from M-PESA for verification (this is to get their phone number as
>    M-PESA does not provide this)
>    3. Credit their online account (identified through their phone
>    number) with the funds.

Okay,  and what is the question?:-)

Seriously though, I know Safaricom have got an R&D  unit, who you can talk
to  regarding this. I know one or two guys there although I am not sure they
are allowed/willing to work with you on this as I already see security
issues coming up.
Good luck!

--
Best regards,