[kictanet] Discipline & Ethics - Re: Legislation andRegulation fore-Commerce in Ken

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:38:40 EAT 2008

Bwana PS:
Your comments are very welcome. As a Kenyan it is very heartening to see
that these discussions are being taken seriously at the highest level.

Again to misquote Jaramogi Oginga we - especially those in the diaspora who
have to send money to our relatives every month for up keep - "it is yet not
uhuru". Because we have no control of our destiny.

Joe

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:42 AM, <bitange at jambo.co.ke> wrote:

> Dear all,
> It will be a great honour to host a stakeholders' meeting during the week
> of July 28th to kick off the ICT Policy review process.  I note that some of
> you have strong views on our general economic orientation.  This in my view
> may not be solvable easily.
>
> We must look into our history in order to shape our future.  First the
> facts:   The policy of Africanization failed.  The pursuit of Panafricanism
> is good for Africa (see what Anan, Adeniji, Krigler etc have done to us when
> we could not agree), Kenyans are playing a key role in many countries and we
> shall hurt them if we pursue isolationist ideology, Kenya has highly
> qualified people who can easily be MDs in communication industry and that
> will happen as it has already happened with KQ, all operators in this
> country have a local equity participation that can be reviewed upwards
> whenever Kenyans demand so and in the past we have had to review the policy
> downwards to get to where we are.
>
> Will make more contribution on economic orientation later.
>
> Ndemo
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry(R)

Joseph Manthi
CEO