[kictanet] a chance for you to help

sidarec info at sidarec.or.ke
Fri Jun 15 11:19:47 EAT 2007

Dear Becky and KICKTANet,

We at SIDAREC are happy for KOCH FM and the support to have given them. It is fulfilling to realise that ICT actors are now focussing on ICT initiatives in the slums. We are happy to be associated with KOCH FM in that our GHETTO FM is licenced on the same 99.9 Frequency and we have done some exchange visits to learn from each other. Ghetto Fm will be on air by end of June as our broadcasting equipment will be arriving in two weeks. We are using FOSS in our library catalogue by the youth and now our broadcasting will be boosted by Campcaster which runs on Linux. This can also be suitable for Koch if they too want to go into internet radio broadcasting. We are also talking to CCK to allow us to use microwave booster so that we can also transmit to Mukuru kwa Njenga where we have another centre on the same frequency. I may suggest that you organize a field visit for KICTANet members to our projects.

warm regards to all.

Lucy Mathai.