[kictanet] Fwd: [Fwd: Safaricom intimidating media...]

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 13:34:54 EAT 2007

Further Walubengo,

Unlike "political" politicians who regularly complain
of being mis-quoted by the media, now telcos
intimidate the media, the government will "regulate"
the media, consumers love the media for encouraging us
that we are not alone in telcos exploitaion. Mexicans
are faced by the same problem see attached "Billion
Dollar Baby" story. The media respond even to a
child's cry but politicians... unless there are votes
at stake?

The real losers of media gagging by government and
corporate intimidation will be consumers.

I state that add was totally and properly quoted here
http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=363&Itemid=5810
Which is why the ICT Bill must facilitate widespread
Community Telcos in the WiFi range to legally
reinforce and strengthen this most welcome CCK
intervention.

It a sure way out of the current high communication
costs misery and consumer lock in that affects
everybody else except these telcos.

Follow the ICT Bill and note anti-media,
anti-consumer, anti-expression MPs and "revenge" in
December elections. They will know the tariffs pain we
suffer as soon as they lose those Parliamentary
allowances.

http://tv.yahoo.com/