[kictanet] Digital Saba Saba Wish List: holds them accountable!

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 07:49:47 EAT 2007

Dear All,

Today is Saba Saba day - a good day to liberate ICT
Law and reclaim our digital future. The greatest
liberation you could give every Kenyan today is a
compact ICT Law!

I usually complain about mobile operators, but today
it's only in the "mobile blame" aspects. I would like
to elaborate courtesy does not permit...remember we
are online here...and I have to be courteous
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

But unfortunately, migratory blame does not address
unsolved needs of the abandoned plains, terrain, flora
and fauna and our baby ICT ideas risk forever being
bottled inside of us.

Our Wish List is still very necessary; at the very
least, to strengthen "inclusion" principle. Remember
also that it is non-committal, and no body will you or
get offended by an innocent wish list from KICTAnet?
KICTAneters who say all sorts of things?

But seriously, this is a very import moment in the
history of our country and if we get the *wrong* ICT
law sailing through parliament while watching
helplessly, we shall do so much irreparable damage to
ourselves for a very long, long, long time.

Be empowered, speak-up, and pour your hearts out. Let
us share our ideas how we expect ICT Laws to be ensure
justice in the e-space. Just remember that it is only
a wish list and we shall ask them ALL to check if your
wishes are catered for in the proposed Bill.

Tell us what your wish for a truly digitally connected
Kenya is. Nothing is impossible-only
http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/nothing-is-impossible.html

Though diverse, KICTAnet members collectively invested
tremendously to this process and it would be a shame
to let all go to waste (Alice thanks for this "park"
space)

We have very limited time to hold government, the
Attorney General and all the Hon. ICT Law makers
accountable, i.e. the people in authority and those
in-waiting (or between) authority.

Go on and start wishing right away......

Notes:

1. Walubengo (the moderator and I) will note your
properly legalised digital Kenya wishes.

2. A KICTAnet rep will present wishes to PS at the
upcoming event.

3. You can send on-or-off list to either, both of us

4. If you remain silent then you are also part of the
problem, offer a solution.

DISCLAIMER
My consumer involvement is different from this
activity thus I shall be neutral and alert all when I
am wearing that hat.(telcos and ISPs people we are
"buddies" on this one huh;-)