[kictanet] Kenya's Peculiar Business Environment

Bill Kagai mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke
Tue Dec 4 15:58:39 EAT 2007

As the juggernaut ;-) that started this thread, I feel 'directly
nominated' to put all these extracts into context for closure sake. It
started with a South African Newspaper writing about KDN buy-out which
the CEO denied of any such knowledge, Safaricom IPO court cases and
consequent appeal, the Mega scandal of Telkom where Kenyans were to
lose 420 billion, the late lawyer, the lawyers who failed to attend
court in time...and...even for micro-businesses like mine being
reported that we were in conspiracy with NSE in organising for the
public gallery to be shut down.

Citing the alcohol industry, NABAK (National Alcohol Beverages
Association of Kenya), I am hoping that Kictanet will borrow a leaf
and 'hold brief' on our behalf in clarifying the misnomers being
created in the ICT industry by the neophytes.

http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1859&Itemid=5822
--
Bildad Kagai
MD - MediaCorp Limited