[kictanet] Internet Market Study -where is it?

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 08:01:51 EAT 2007

John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
 The DG (CCK) promised that the above study that was
launched last week would be uploaded on the CCK website
(www.cck.go.ke)  by yesterday.

I have looked hard on their site but I am not seeing it.
Could someone share an advanced copy with list? We want to
start 'hacking' this report ;-)
The DG (CCK) promised that the above study that was
 launched last week would be uploaded on the CCK website
 (www.cck.go.ke)  by yesterday.

 I have looked hard on their site but I am not seeing it.
 Could someone share an advanced copy with list? We want to
 start 'hacking' this report ;-)

 Ready to begin Walu's "friendly hacking" after CCK "opened doors" to local
below: -
                                     http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/03/27/HNfccchief_1.html

 U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Kevin
 Martin wants wireless Internet access to be included in efforts
 to ensure universal communications for all U.S. residents.

 The U.S. government taxes wireline carriers to subsidize phone
 services for rural areas that are more expensive to reach by
 wire. This Universal Service Fund (USF) has come under attack
 for being an outdated burden in an age of cellular and other
 forms of broadband.

 Speaking at the CTIA Wireless trade show in Orlando, Martin
 called for universal service to be provided in a technology-
 neutral way. Access should be assured using the most efficient
 technology, which in rural areas is often wireless, he said.
   -----and-----

 http://clinton.senate.gov/news/statements/details.cfm?id=271662

         Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) introduced legislation on Friday
 entitled The Rural Broadband Initiatives Act (S.1032). According to a
 statement from Senator Clinton, this legislation “will extend and
 improve access to broadband services in small towns across America.”
 The bill would establish an Office of Rural Broadband Initiatives
 within the Department of Agriculture. It would also establish a Rural
 Broadband Innovation fund to explore and develop cutting edge
 broadband delivery technologies to reach underserved rural areas.

Alex